Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Heard Them First! Deconstructing CMJ

To celebrate AM's safe and victorious return from Dixieland as well as the kickoff of the 2008 CMJ Music Marathon, I've put together a few bands I like, a few bands I've never heard of that I might like, and bands that I don't know and probably would never like. In no particular order, as subjective and random as the festival itself.

The mission of CMJ has always been 'New Music First', but I think the Marathon has morphed itself into a hipster popularity contest. I found the following diagram and it seems fittingly appropriate.











I'm just sayin'.

Broken Social Scene- Live @ KVRX 2003

Broken Social Scene- Fire Eye'd Boy



Deerhoof- The Perfect Me


Beach House - GILA


The Lovely Feathers- Frantic


Shiny Toy Guns- Le Disko




No comments: