Sunday, May 10, 2009

The mother of all posts


I like to think of Mother's Day as a wonderful celebration of all things maternal. Problem is there are few songs if any that share this sentiment. Most are incitements of moms and mothering in general. Granted, I wasn't there while they were being reared, but everyone from John Lennon to Glenn Danzig paint a pretty bleak picture of their mothers.

With a little diligence, I was able to find a suitable expression of devotion for all the mothers out there, performed by Mr. T.

I pity the fool that don't love their mother!

I'm just sayin'.

Happy Mothers Day!

Treat Your Mother Right- Mr. T


Mother- John Lennon (Live, MSG, Aug. 30, 1972)


Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen (1975)


Mother- Pink Floyd (Aug. 9, 1980)


Mother-Danzig (1992)


Stacy's Mom Has Got it Going On- Fountans of Wayne (2003)

No comments: