Friday, December 21, 2007

All ones and zeros

Just as I hate to label bands, I love to take the easy way out and lump then together for ease of classification. Probably not fair, but there is always an air of urgency and importance that's implied by grouping together peers as part of a movement. Like they actually all got together and said, let's all make somewhat similar music and let the world know that this music is important music. Only critics are that pretentious.

That said, the whole 'Shoegazer' revival thing has really got me. I was a big fan of the first wave back in the late 80's early 90's. My Bloody Valentine, Ride, you remember, right?

Well, it's back and quite good. Some of the latest crop include The Early Years, Serena Maneesh and my personal faves, Dirty on Purpose. Brooklyn in da house!

Now on the count of three, everybody look down. I think I need some new laces.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: